New Zealand Resident?

If you hold a New Zealand Special Category Visa you may be able to access HELP loans, providing you:

  • first entered Australia as a dependent child aged under 18 years of age;
  • have been ordinarily resident in Australia for the previous 10 years (that is, you have been physically present in Australia for at least eight out of the past 10 years) and 18 months out of the last two years at the time of application for the loan; and
  • are otherwise eligible for a VET FEE-HELP loan.